A Viking is renowned for strength and wilderness reliability when exploring. Whether it's a long day in the field or on the job site, the Yamaha Viking EPS is your call to action. Boasting standard room for three, heavy hauling abilities and a dump-box, it stand ready for victory for anyone brave enough to challenge it.
Electric Power Steering: Speed and torque sensitive EPS provides optimal assistance in 2WD, 4WD and locked differential for increased ride comfort and less rider fatigue.
Power & Performance: The 686 cc, fuel-injected single offers long, linear torque and power that is perfectly paired for utility applications perfectly paired for work or play.
Utility Focused Design: The Viking EPS offers an array of utility functions that include a sturdy steel dump-style bed, standard 2" receiver, rubber bed mat and 5 degree offset seating that offers improved rider comfort.
Key Differences Between Viking & Viking EPS
- Speed sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
Key Improvements for 2018
- New, easy adjust seat belt design
- New, engine overheat warning buzzer
- 686cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected single produces serious torque & horsepower: engine has an excellent reputation for both durability & reliability
- Electric starting: includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
- SOHC, 4-valve cylinder head design: 2-intake (38 mm) & 2-exhaust (32 mm) valves provide maximum breathing efficiency; screw & tappet style valve actuation for easier maintenance
- Ceramic composite plated cylinder uses "liner less" bores: ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery; coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Lightweight short skirt forged aluminum piston: lightweight design means faster engine response & less mechanical vibration
- Gear driven balancer shaft: reduces engine vibration for good rider comfort
- 44 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with TPS & ISC: TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is used to more precisely calculate the fuel injection quantity for optimum power & excellent throttle response at all rpms; ISC (Idle Speed Control) helps ensure a steady idle even during warm up; fuel injection benefits include: choke-free starting, steady idle during warm, good fuel economy & reduced emissions
- High capacity air box with washable foam air filter: washable foam filter reduces tune-up costs; high mounted intake duct helps prevent water ingestion; no tools required drain
- Yamaha's industry leading "Ultramatic" CVT (fully automatic) transmission with reverse & downhill engine braking: dual range, high - low transmission with reverse. Low range offers more "grunt" for towing or hauling heavy loads or when tackling technical terrain: CVT automatically selects the optimum transmission ratio, meaning you are always in the right "gear"; Ultramatic design offers downhill engine braking for confidence inspiring control; engine braking reduces brake wear & servicing, plus increases rider confidence & security; Ultramatic design features a special centrifugal clutch which keeps constant tension on the V-belt to reduce belt wear since the belt does not slip as the clutches engage; high mounted belt cooling ducts help prevent water ingestion; V-belt housing has a "no tools required" drain plug; automotive style, gated, 4-postion shifter (high, low, neutral & reverse); automotive style park brake lever with warning light & buzzer
- Super convenient, servo motor controlled, On Command drive mode system: On Command drive system features 3 modes: 2wd, 4wd limited slip & 4wd differential lock; On Command drive system lets you select the best mode for the conditions... not the machine; 4wd differential lock provides equal power to all 4 wheels for maximum traction and "bite"
- High capacity cooling system with electric cooling fan: maintains consistent engine temperatures for optimum performance & longevity; rad is positioned high in the frame for protection; engine overheat warning buzzer will sound as the engine is reaching maximum operating temperature to avoid overheating issues
- Wet sump lubrication system with liquid cooled oil cooler: oil cooler helps consistent oil & engine temperatures for optimum performance; spin-on type oil filter
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Marine grade connectors on key electrical components.
- Stainless steel exhaust header pipe & painted steel muffler with cleanable spark arrestor: spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust; stainless steel design helps prevent rusting, steel muffler is painted
- Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into exhaust port to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- Rugged box section steel frame: compact design provides nimble, responsive handling
- ROPS roll over protection structure (ROPS US OSHA/ISO3471)
- Speed sensitive, rack & pinion-type, Electric Power Steering (EPS): significantly reduces steering effort resulting in less rider fatigue & improved rider comfort; speed sensitive system; more assist at slower speeds, less assist at higher speeds for optimum control; significantly reduces trail feedback through the steering wheel when a front wheel strikes an obstacle; fully sealed EPS system (electrics & gears)
- Independent double wishbone front suspension: "Wide Arc" "A" arm design increases ground clearance in the centre of the machine; high pressure nitrogen charged front shocks with progressive spring rates; 205 mm (8.1") of front wheel travel; heavy duty plastic A-arm & CV boot guards; excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails
- Independent double wishbone rear A-arms with anti-sway bar: utilizes anti-sway bar on rear for optimum handling & reduced body roll; high pressure nitrogen charged shocks with progressive spring rates; 205 mm (8.1") of rear wheel travel; heavy duty plastic A-arm & CV boot guards
- 300 mm (11.8") of ground clearance
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes: dual 207 mm (8.1") front rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers; dual 207 mm (8.1") rear rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers; pads feature wear indicator grooves for visual pad wear inspection
- High-Performance MAXXIS tires: tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & traction
- Extended range 36.7 litre fuel tank: low fuel warning indicator light in multi-function meter
- Fully digital LCD multi-function meter assembly: functions include: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, hour meter, clock, battery voltage display, On Command mode status, transmission gear indicator & various warning lights including seat belt & helmet reminders, plus an on board self-diagnosis function; new, engine overheat warning buzzer will sound as the engine is reaching maximum operating temperature to avoid overheating issues
- Roomy 3-person seating with 3-point seat belts & passenger hand holds: new, easy adjust seat belt design; contoured bucket seats with padded headrests provide all day riding comfort; centre seat is offset to provide lots of shoulder room; 3-postion adjustable driver's seat (fore & aft), tools required; high grip floor surface; adjustable passenger hand hold for additional security, confidence & comfort; specially designed foot wells keep passengers feet away from gas & brake pedals
- Easy latch, rugged roto-molded plastic doors & shoulder bolsters; added security & comfort for driver & passengers; doors helps reduce mud & water splash from entering the cockpit; shoulder bolsters help ensure driver & passengers stay inside the vehicle in the event of a roll over
- Dual storage compartments & drink holders: glove box storage compartment; central storage compartment (under dash board); multiple (4) drink holders
- Convenient, 12 volt DC outlet: dash board mounted 10 amp / 120 watt, 12 volt DC outlet for work light, GPS, cell phone, etc..
- Rugged plastic sun top.
- Dump box style, steel cargo bed with 272 kg / 600 lb. capacity: steel-lined bed measures 1380 mm (54.3") wide x 925 mm (36.4") long x 315 mm (12.4") deep; flat design for easy loading (can hold a traditional size pallet); hydraulic assist for easy operation; dump box can be tilted from either the left or right side of the machine; 4-tie down points inside the bed to secure cargo; tail gate with dual latches; rubber cargo bed mat reduces noise & helps hold load in place
- Full length steel skid plate: underside of unit is fully protected by steel skid plate; oil drain holes for both engine & rear differential for easy oil changes; skid plate enhances terrain ability by allowing unit to slide more easily over obstacles
- Dual 35 / 35 watt halogen headlights & dual taillights: headlights can be adjusted up & down; dual tail lights with brake light function
- Heavy duty, 2" receiver style trailer hitch mount: towing capacity is 680 kg (1,500 lbs.); maximum tongue weight is 50 kg (110 lbs.)
- Aggressive styling: injection-molded body components resist damage
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage); convenient under hood location for protection & accessibility
- Engine: 686cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve, single
- Bore and Stroke: 102 mm x 84 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0: 1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 44 mm throttle body F.I.
- Ignition: TCI
- Starting: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic CVT with reverse & On-Command (2WD, 4WD limited slip, 4WD diff-lock)
- Final Drives: Shafts
- Suspension (Front): Independent double wishbone / 205 mm (8.1 in.) of wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar / 205 mm (8.1 in.) of wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): Dual 207 mm discs / twin piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): Dual 207 mm discs / twin piston calipers / Shaft mounted parking brake
- Tires (Front): AT25 x 8-12
- Tires (Rear): AT25 x 10-12
- Length: 3,100 mm (122 in.)
- Width: 1,570 mm (61.8 in.)
- Height: 1,925 mm (75.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 2,135 mm (84.1 in.)
- Turning radius: 4.5 mm (177 in.)
- Tread (front): 1,320 mm (52 in.)
- Tread (rear): 1,304 mm (51.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 300 mm (11.8 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 36.7 L (8.1 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 649 kg (1,431 lb.)
- Bed Capacity: 272 kg (600 lb.)
- Towing Capacity: 680 kg (1,500 lb.)
- Warranty: Private use - 1 year (unlimited mileage); Commercial use - 6 months (unlimited mileage)
- Colour(s): Realtree® Xtra™ Camouflage (aluminum mag wheels)
Every attempt has been made to showcase Canadian versions of our products, but all images, information and specifications may not be exact and are subject to change without notice. Some models may be shown with optional accessories.
Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner's manual and the product warning labels before operation.