The bar has been set. Meet the most notorious side by side on the market today. Revving out at 10,500 rpm the YXZ1000R SS EPS LE is a beast that is not for the fainted heart. You will feel all 1000cc's unleash every time you shred down the trail or roost your friends in the dunes. The YXZ1000R SS EPS LE has no mercy; and puts all that agression on display with its jaw dropping styling. Whats that I hear? Turn key exhilliration.
Terrainability: The YXZ1000R SS SE model houses upgraded fully adjustable FOX 2.5 Podium X2 piggyback shocks to provide further adjustability and greater range of suspension settings.
Power: First-in-class high-tech paddle shift provides the driver with 998 cc and 3 cylinders worth of power at their fingertips. On-Command driver directed 4WD with diff-lock is another standard feature found on the YXZ1000R SS SE for additional off-road capability.
Design: The SE models come equipped with upgraded aluminum beadlock rims, colour matched embroidered seats and Special Edition graphics and paint.
Key Differences Between YXZ1000R SS & YXZ1000R SS SE
- Automatic clutch equipped 5-speed sequential transmission with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Fully adjustable premium twin-wall Fox® 2.5 Podium® X2 Shocks
- SE colour matched aluminum alloy wheels with bead locks
- SE colour matched highlights & ROPS upper frame structure
- Special SE paint & graphics
- New, Maxxis Coronado 8 - ply tires
- New, warning buzzer for engine over heat, parking brake & seat belts
- New, rear A-arm guard
- New, easier to use seat belt design
- Door springs have been eliminated for easier entry & exit
- 998cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, in-line triple with 10,500 rpm redline produces serious torque & horsepower: includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
- Electric starting: includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
- DOHC, 4-valve cylinder head design with 11.3:1 compression ratio: 2-intake (31 mm) & 2-exhaust (26 mm) valves provide maximum breathing efficiency; cylinder head design provides a compact combustion chamber; shim under bucket valve actuation for extended valve adjustment intervals
- Lightweight, high performance hollow camshafts: cam profiles provide excellent torque & horsepower in the mid to high rpm range
- Lightweight, short skirt forged aluminum pistons & nut-less connecting rods: lightweight design (piston & con rod) means faster throttle response & less mechanical vibration
- 41 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with triple throttle bodies, TPS & ISC: TPS (throttle position sensor) is used to more precisely calculate the fuel injection quantity for optimum power & excellent throttle response at all rpms; ISC (Idle speed control) helps ensure a steady idle even during warm up; other fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, good fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Single axis coupling force balancer shaft: reduces engine vibration for excellent rider comfort
- High mounted, high capacity air box with dual air filters: dual filters; primary "oiled" foam filter & secondary viscous paper filter for maximum engine protection; washable primary foam filter features tool-free access for fast servicing; no tools required air box drain
- Yamaha's "Sport Shift" sequential 5-speed manual transmission featuring Yamaha Chip Controlled Shift (YCC-S) technology with automatic clutch & paddle shifters: centre console mounted forward / neutral / reverse shift lever; steering wheel mounted dual paddle shifters (right side for upshifts; left side for downshifts); advanced automatic clutch system replaces clutch pedal... clutch is electrically activated (YCC-S); special launch system (when activated) allows for high-speed take-offs providing maximum acceleration & excitement; "stop mode" automatically shifts down to 1st gear when coming to a full stop; low maintenance prop shaft with easy service U-joints links engine with transmission; manual transmission delivers up to 20% more efficiency than most CVTs; cam dampers on input & output shafts reduce driveline shock; adjustable shift light
- Optimized flywheel design: flywheel helps dampen engine vibration & improves "drive-ability" at lower rpms
- Super convenient, servo motor controlled, On-Command 4WD drive mode system: On-Command drive system features 3 modes: 2wd, 4wd limited slip & 4wd differential lock; On-Command drive system lets you select the best mode for the conditions... not the machine; 4wd differential lock provides equal power to all 4 wheels for maximum traction and "bite"
- Shaft drives: easy to service front driveshaft with front differential overload protection; low maintenance inline rear driveshaft eliminates the need for U-Joints. front & rear CV drive shafts feature heavy duty rubber boots to protect the CV joints for extended service life & durability
- High capacity cooling system with electric cooling fan: high efficiency, thermostat controlled cooling system with automatic recovery system; rad is positioned high in the frame for protection; over heat warning buzzer
- Dry sump lubrication system with liquid-cooled oil cooler & baffled oil tank: dry sump design means a very shallow oil pan allowing the engine to be placed lower in the frame for optimum handling with maximum ground clearance; liquid-cooled oil cooler helps maintain consistent oil & engine temperatures for optimum performance & extended engine life; spin-on type oil filter
- Direct ignition coils & high-output magneto: ignition coils built into the sealed plug caps, significantly reducing weight & complexity; magneto output 472W @ 5000r/min
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Performance tuned 3 into 1 exhaust system with equal length header pipes, 3-way catalyzer & cleanable spark arrestor: tuned, equal length header pipes for maximum power; spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust; honey comb style, 3-way catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions; stainless steel design helps prevent rusting
- Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- Marine grade connectors on key electrical components.
- Rugged round tube, steel frame with ROPS: compact design provides nimble, responsive handling & excellent terrain-ability; colour matched ROPS roll over protection structure (ANSI / ROHVA — 1 — 2011)
- Full under frame protection with easy access for key service items: underside of unit is fully protected by Thermo Plastic Olefin (TPO) skid plates; TPO is the best material for impact resistance, flexibility & wear; quick remove mid-section skid plate & special access holes for easier servicing; oil, coolant & oil filter access points for easy oil changes; skid plate design enhances terrain ability by allowing unit to slide more easily over obstacles
- Speed sensitive, rack & pinion-type, Electric Power Steering (EPS) with adjustable steering wheel: significantly reduces steering effort resulting in less rider fatigue & improved rider comfort; speed sensitive system; more assist at slower speeds, less assist at higher speeds for optimum control; reduces trail feedback through the steering wheel when a wheel strikes an obstacle; adjustable steering wheel tilt (147 mm / 5.8" range) to accommodate a wide variety of users; fully sealed EPS system (electrics & gears)
- Fully adjustable, independent double wishbone front suspension with premium Fox 2.5 Podium® X2 shocks® & anti-sway bar: fully adjustable, long stroke, twin wall Fox 2.5 Podium® X2 high pressure nitrogen charged piggyback shocks with dual rate springs, allows you to tailor suspension settings to suit YOUR riding preferences or riding conditions; front shock adjustments include threaded spring preload, high speed compression damping, low speed compression damping & rebound damping; anti-sway bar controls / limits body roll for optimum handling & enhanced rider confidence; 410 mm (16.1") of front wheel travel; SE colour matched A-arms
- Fully adjustable, independent wishbone rear suspension with premium Fox 2.5 Podium® X2 shocks® & anti-sway bar: fully adjustable, long stroke, twin wall Fox 2.5 Podium® X2 high pressure nitrogen charged piggyback shocks with dual rate springs, allows you to tailor suspension settings to suit YOUR riding preferences; rear shock adjustments include threaded spring preload, high speed compression damping, low speed compression damping & rebound damping; anti-sway bar controls / limits body roll for optimum handling & enhanced rider confidence; 430 mm (16.9") of rear wheel travel; rear A-arm guard helps protect the A-arm & paint for debris blast from the rear wheels; SE colour matched long design A-arms for optimum suspension stroke & camber angle
- 330 mm (13") of ground clearance: dual 245 mm (9.6") front rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers; dual 245 mm (9.6") rear rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers; pads feature wear indicator grooves for visual pad wear inspection; excellent brake power, feeling & control
- Four-wheel disc brakes: dual 245 mm (9.6") front rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers; dual 245 mm (9.6") rear rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers; pads feature wear indicator grooves for visual pad wear inspection; excellent brake power, feeling & control
- Rugged, SE colour matched, aluminum bead lock rims & high-performance 27" MAXXIS Coronado 8-ply tires: bead lock rims help prevent tires from spinning on rim & eases tire replacement; tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort, traction & durability; optimized rim offsets enhance handling & provide a nimble yet stable feel; 27" size increases ground clearance
- 34 litre fuel tank: low fuel warning indicator light in multi-function meter
- LCD multi-function meter assembly: large analogue tach; all remaining functions are digital including; speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, hour meter, clock, voltage display, adjustable shift light, transmission gear indicator, On-Command mode status; various warning lights plus an on board self-diagnosis function; speedo can be switched between kilometers or miles per hour
- Roomy 2-person seating with 3-point seat belts, adjustable driver's seat & adjustable passenger hand hold: contoured high back bucket seats provide excellent support & all day riding comfort; quick adjust driver seat with 90 mm (3.5") of fore - aft adjustment, no tools required; shoulder bolsters offer support & help ensure driver & passenger stay inside the vehicle in the event of a roll over; high grip floor surface; 3 - position adjustable passenger hand hold for additional security, confidence & comfort
- Storage compartments & drink holders: glove box, centre dash board & rear cargo bed storage compartments; dual drink holders
- East latch, roto-molded plastic doors & special shoulder bolsters: added security & comfort for driver & passenger; doors helps reduce mud & water splash from entering the cockpit; shoulder bolsters help ensure driver & passenger stay inside the vehicle in the event of a roll over
- Convenient, 12 volt DC outlet: dash board mounted 10 amp / 120 watt, 12 volt DC outlet for GPS, cell phone, etc..
- Lightweight polypropylene "fixed" cargo bed with 136 kg / 300 lb. capacity: durable composite design resists corrosion; 4 - tie down points to secure cargo; sealed cargo bed storage compartment
- Polypropylene sun top: protection from the elements... sun, rain or snow
- LED headlights & tail light: 4 - LED headlights for excellent illumination, reduced power consumption & extended service life; LED taillight with brake light
- Aggressive body design: injection-molded body components resist damage; slant low nose design provides excellent visibility of the terrain ahead
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage): convenient under hood location for protection & accessibility; sealed design means no leaks & never having to add distilled water
- Engine: 998cc, liquid cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, triple
- Bore and Stroke: 80 mm x 66.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.3: 1
- Fuel Delivery: Triple, 41mm throttle body F.I.
- Ignition: TCI
- Starting: Electric
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Transmission: YCC-S equipped 5-speed sequential manual transmission with reverse & auto clutch / paddle shifters / On-Command® (2wd, 4wd limited slip, 4wd diff-lock)
- Final Drives: Shaft
- Suspension (Front): Fully adjustable, independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar / 410 mm (16.2 in.) of wheel travel / FOX 2.5 Podium X2, piggyback shocks
- Suspension (Rear): Fully adjustable, independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar / 432 mm (17 in.) of wheel travel / FOX 2.5 Podium X2, piggyback shocks
- Brakes (Front): Dual 245 mm discs / twin piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): Dual 245 mm discs / twin piston calipers
- Tires (Front): Maxxis, 27 x 9-14 / Aluminum mag beadlock wheels
- Tires (Rear): Maxxis, 27 x 11-14 / Aluminum mag beadlock wheels
- Length: 3,121 mm (122.9 in.)
- Width: 1,626 mm (64 in.)
- Height: 1,834 mm (72.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 2,300 mm (90.6 in.)
- Turning radius: 6 m (236.2 in.)
- Tread (front): 1,397 mm (55 in.)
- Tread (rear): 1,346 mm (53 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 330 mm (13 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 34 L (7.5 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 660 kg (1,455 lb.)
- Bed Capacity: 136 kg (300 lb.)
- Warranty: Private use - 1 year (unlimited mileage), Commercial use - 6 months (unlimited mileage)
- Colour(s): Bluish White Pearl
Every attempt has been made to showcase Canadian versions of our products, but all images, information and specifications may not be exact and are subject to change without notice. Some models may be shown with optional accessories.